ETH flips to SELL as price slips below key moving averages

Momentum breaks as ETH flashes a sell
The waiting game just ended with a nasty snap. After hovering in neutral territory, Ethereum's technical profile finally tipped over the edge into a SELL rating this Wednesday. We aren't looking at a minor wobble here; the score dropped to 48/100 as the price settled at $114.24. When the data shifts this decisively, traders who were sitting on their hands need to pay attention.
The moving average trap
The most concerning development is the cluster around the moving averages. ETH is currently caught in a tight squeeze, trading just below the MA50 of 114.27. Even more telling is the proximity to the MA200 at 114.41. When you see the price struggling to stay above these levels, it tells you the mid-term trend is losing its backbone. It's a classic setup where resistance is hardening right above our heads.
Relative strength isn't offering any rescue either. The RSI(14) is sitting at 48.6. That's a lukewarm number that suggests there isn't enough buying pressure to spark a meaningful reversal. We aren't in oversold territory where you'd hunt for a bounce; we're just drifting in a zone where the bears have the upper hand.
Sentiment hits absolute zero
If the technicals look shaky, the sentiment data looks apocalyptic. The Fear & Greed index is currently reading 0. It's rare to see market participants this paralyzed. While contrarians often look for extreme fear as a buying opportunity, a zero reading usually suggests a total lack of liquidity and confidence. Nobody wants to catch this falling knife until some floor establishes itself.
Traders should watch that $114.24 level closely. If we don't see a quick reclaim of the MA200 at 114.41, the path of least resistance points downward. The previous verdict of 'WAIT' at the much higher $84336 valuation feels like a lifetime ago compared to this current compression. The market isn't asking for patience anymore; it's demanding a defensive stance.
Are you prepared to wait for a confirmed bounce, or is the break below the MA50 enough to make you exit your position?
Not financial advice.
